Graduates from both the Master of International Development Policy (MIDP) program and our Executive Education programs make up a global community spanning more than 130 countries around the world.
Our staff, faculty, students, and alumni are brought together by a shared mission: advancing international development policy and practice through interdisciplinary approaches. As an alum, there are so many ways you can meaningfully contribute to the community we share, and there are so many ways you can benefit by staying connected to DCID, Sanford, and Duke.
Read Alumni Stories
Click here to see profiles of alumni that we've collected over the years! (hint: we'd love to know- and share- what you're doing!)
Top 10 Ways To Stay Involved
- Tell us your story for DCID publications like our website and newsletter. We'd love to interview you about your history, your current work, and the impact you're hoping to have on the world.
- Send an update about your professional or personal life. Had your first child? Got a promotion? We want to be sure to share your updates with our community!
- Host an alumni group or event in your city or country. Contact us for ideas, materials, or information.
- Your experience at Duke, and after Duke, can provide valuable insight to our graduating Fellows! Contact us to serve as an alumni mentor or participate in an informational interview with a current MIDP fellow.
- Spread the word and help us recruit future MIDP Fellows or EE participants. Download and share the brochures. Contact us with other recruiting ideas for MIDP or Executive Education.
- Reach out with internship and job opportunities from your company or organization.
- Check out the Sanford events calendar.
- Come visit DCID! Let us know when you’re in town so you can visit some classes and chat with available students and professors.
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter, which is always full of updates and information about what's happening at DCID.
- Join our social media groups for alumni on Facebook and LinkedIn
- BONUS: Follow the exciting main DCID social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter