DCID will offer two-week program for 12 senior professionals from around the world as part of The Distinguished Humphrey Fellowship Program, sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) and DCID. During the first week of the program, participants will learn about several aspects of development economics as it relates to decision-making and public policy. Lectures, led by Cory Krupp and Fernando Fernholz, will also cover management of resources, human capital, budgets, trade, and innovation. Guest talks from Rosemary Fernholz, Indermit Gill, Roy Kelly, Billy Pizer, and Phyllis Pomerantz will round out the programming during the week at Duke. In the second week, participants will take part in hands-on professional “shadowing” opportunities where they will learn from leaders in various U.S. government agencies and organizations.
The impressive fellowship participants come from eight countries across Africa, Asia, Central America, and Europe.
- Mr. Albert Rodriguez Molina | El Salvador National Director, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation
- Mr. Getachew Alemu | Ethiopia Program Manager for East Africa, the Center for International Private Enterprise
- Mr. Wubie Mengistu | Ethiopia Deputy Secretary General, the Ethiopian Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations
- Ms. Cho Mu | Myanmar Deputy Director of the Trade Policy Division, Department of Trade, Ministry of Commerce
- Ms. Nita Pokhrel Aryal | Nepal Economic Minister, Embassy of Nepal (New Delhi)
- Mr. Tek Khatri | Nepal Under Secretary, Ministry of Finance
- Ms. Ana Simonovska | North Macedonia Assistant Professor, Institute of Agricultural Economics
- Mr. David Ansara | South Africa Chief Operating Officer, Centre For Risk Analysis
- Dr. Mxolisi Mchunu | South Africa Senior Researcher, Provincial Legislature of KwaZulu-Natal Province
- Ms. Dayamanthi Fernando | Sri Lanka Director General, the Insurance Regulatory Commission
- Ms. Sepalika Samankumari | Sri Lanka Commissioner, Department of Community-Based Corrections, Ministry of Justice
- Ms. Aysegul Cerci | Turkey Senior Vice President, Development and Investment Bank of Turkey