DCID teamed with RTI International to host a panel, “Overfed and Undernourished? Global Food Security and Child Nutrition” on Friday, March 20, at noon in Sanford 04. Experts from Sanford and RTI discussed the current state of global food production and how it impacts children’s nutrition and global health now and in years to come. Panelists included:
- Kelly Brownell, Dean of the Sanford School of Public Policy
- David Spiro, Asia Regional Director at RTI International
- Jean Weicha, Public Health Nutritionist at RTI International
- Ghada Ahmed, Senior Research Analyst at Duke’s Center on Globalization, Governance and Competitiveness
- Paul Weisenfeld (moderator), Vice President of Global Programs, RTI International
The panel was part of the Duke-RTI Professors and Practitioners in Conversation series, which brings together experts from academia and practice to discuss pressing issues in international development.