DCID alumni, graduates from both the Master of International Development Policy (MIDP) program and our Executive Education programs, make up a global community spanning more than 130 countries around the world.
Interior Page Callout 1
Our staff, faculty, students, and alumni are brought together by a shared mission: advancing international development policy and practice through interdisciplinary approaches. There is no one-size-fits all curriculum or training that will sufficiently equip today's international development leaders. That's why our programs are carefully designed to be flexible and tailored to the learning needs of each participant. Our faculty bring in real-life case studies and engage fellows and participants to bring their own examples from their home countries and organizations.
As an alum, there are so many ways you can meaningfully contribute to the community we share, and there are so many ways you can benefit by staying connected to DCID, Sanford, and Duke.
Top 10 Ways To Stay Involved
- Tell us your story for DCID publications like our website and newsletter. We'd love to interview you about your history, your current work, and the impact you're hoping to have on the world.
- Send an update about your professional or personal life. Had your first child? Got a promotion? We want to be sure to share your updates with our community!
- Host an alumni group or event in your city or country. Contact us for ideas, materials, or information.
- Your experience at Duke, and after Duke, can provide valuable insight to our graduating Fellows! Contact us to serve as an alumni mentor or participate in an informational interview with a current MIDP fellow.
- Spread the word and help us recruit future MIDP Fellows or EE participants. Download and share the MIDP and Executive Education brochures. Contact us with other recruiting ideas for MIDP or Executive Education.
- Reach out with internship and job opportunities from your company or organization.
- Check out the Sanford events calendar.
- Come visit DCID! Let us know when you’re in town so you can visit some classes and chat with available students and professors.
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter, which is always full of updates and information about what's happening at DCID.
- Join our social media groups for alumni on Facebook and LinkedIn
- BONUS: Follow the exciting main DCID social media channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter